Thursday, December 08, 2005

25 years John...has it been that long?

Hard to believe, but it's been a quarter of a century since John Lennon's death. I have been a fan as long as I can remember, and I remember the day I heard on the radio that he was murdered. I was setting the table for supper at our house in Newfoundland and I just sat down and started to cry. Even though my mother was not a huge fan, she understood. She and I had lived through losing Elvis in the seventies.

I miss you John, but at least I have your music to help me out.

Imagine.

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

The radio station I listen to for the morning commute spent a lot of airtime playing Lennon's songs (solo and with the Beatles) and capped it off with the Barenaked Ladies' "Yoko Ono."

I dreamt of talking to someone in 1970 and telling them that by 2005, John and George are no longer with us. As sad as I am for both of them, it was devastating for the person I was talking to.... weird dream.

Dreama said...

I spent about an hour and a half last night listening to his songs, and watching videos on the website. Sniff...then I went to bed and dreamt about something entirely different.

 
Locations of visitors to this page