Friday, February 06, 2004

I spoke too soon...massive snow storm on the way tonight...wahhhhhhh

the weather network

the radar image is shows massive storm potential...we'll see what we actually get out of it. parts of nova scotia are getting rain, so perhaps we will be that lucky, although with the temps down where they are here in cape breton today, it will be SNOW. dammit.

so today I have the day off...my reward for working on-call for one week...its great! I just wish I could sleep in like the others in the house. But 8am comes and I am WIDE awake. I also hate to waste the day, so get up. I wrote a whole bunch of e-mails to friends, and not a group one either, but actually took the time to write about 10 personal e-mails. Things are getting too easy these days...group e-mails, christmas newsletters, etc. no one sends a handwritten message anymore, and although I am most guilty of being sucked in by technology, I do miss getting an actual letter in the mail...all I see these days are bills and junk mail. have we lost something by gaining in technology? is letter writing becoming a lost art? I used to write to my parents and sister all the time, now they get e-mail, but is it the same? They somehow seem impersonal...and to tell the truth, I think I am forgetting how to make my letters...I type all my notes at work, I use only e-mail...the only writing I do regularly is to sign my rent check...which I have just remembered that I have to track down the landlord today to give it to him...I drive over there daily, hoping to catch him, but they are such busy people, and there are no mailboxes in this town, I can never nab him...I will soon start mailing them to him...

now my hands are cold, so must find task that involves warming them....

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page