Thursday, February 19, 2004

so we lived through it...lost the power for just 30 minutes and a few bumps besides. I just took Brad to work and just as we were leaving the driveway, the neighbor who shares the driveway has a front end loader show up to clear the driveway, figures...after Brad spent 3 hours out there in the pissing rain, shovelling the concrete snow. So I told them not to bother plowing anything from mine as it was fine as it was. Damned if I was paying for them to plow the small bit that was left now. Why they waited until we had ours all cleared is beyond me.

Anyhow, we took a little tour of the town...the only thing open was one Tim Horton's and NOTHING ELSE, not even a gas station, Wal-Mart, Sobeys, or anything. Most of them don't even have their parking lots plowed yet. Most of the side roads are only plowed one lane, or a lane and a half. The wind and snow have finally stopped and it is just spitting rain. If the roads freeze, they will be pretty slippery though, but thankfully, the high snowbanks will make for a very soft landing, har har.

I managed to convince the resident teen to play a board game with me this afternoon when the power was out. It was a struggle...we played The Game of Life, and while she had twins and a son, I was left barren...boo hoo...my career was a police officer and hers was a travel agent. My salary was a lovely $100,000 until she landed on switch salary cards...then I got her $50,000. At least I had the cool Victorian house and she had the crappy mobile home, heh heh. In the end, she won, due to my high salary card.

Now I have my Thursday night television to look forward to...gawd I live a boring life! Friends, ER, Survivor, CSI, etc...

I hear the couch calling me again...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page