Monday, February 16, 2004

ok, its downright freezing out...any need of that?

got a distressing phonecall tonight...someone close to me disclosed that they had been sexually abused by another relative in my ex-family aka outlaws. most distressing...it happened 20 years ago, and I am in shock. I just want to go and cut his thing off. and then I think, how could we not know this was going on? just when you think this dirt is not in your family and that no one related to you would ever do that...actually, its the second instance I have in my family...heard a few years ago that a cousin of mine had been sexually abused by her father for years. He is now deceased, and we could never understand her behaviour, until we found out what he had done and then it all made sense. And then this person who called me tonight, informed me that my ex-mother in law was sexually abused last fall in the senior's home she is living in by another resident. She has severe memory loss, and would never know who was doing it to her, but someone caught him in the act. What is wrong with people???? I work with this shit all day, and now I come home and hear about it all night. You would think your own family is immune to it or something, but they're not. This stuff seems to be all around us, like a cancer.

so, like a good friend, I listened for nearly two hours while this woman poured her heart out to me. I wish I could go over there right now and give her a big hug, but she lives in another province. she also told me that her sister was also sexually abused by the same uncle. how could we not know???

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page