Wednesday, February 18, 2004

storm radar

Now THAT'S a storm...the Weather Network is forecasting 50+cms of snow for tonight and tomorrow...oh fluck. Guess I will get the measure out of Brad now...heh heh. We'll see just how much he has to shovel...poor thing, he is sick too...how can I ask him to go out and shovel snow when he is feeling so poorly. But yet, I will. Because I HATE IT!

Got stuck in a client's driveway today so had to get them to help push me out...wasn't that lovely. At least she didn't have the rage that last year's client had, which could be good or bad...last year I had just come from the client's home and was backing down her long driveway that I had not been able to get up in, after delivering bad news to her that I was going to take her to court because of her behaviour and I got stuck. I got stuck BAD. I had another worker with me and we could not, could not, could not get it out. We shovelled, and pushed and spun the tires and could not get it out. So I finally had to give in and go back to the house with the angry mumma, and ask her to help get us out of the driveway so we could leave. This woman is very large...Amazonian you might say...6 feet tall, and BROAD shouldered, has done her share of construction work, and remember, she had just been given some bad news, so there was definitely some RAGE in her by now. Well, she bent down in front of the front bumper, and grabbed hold...lifted my car up and THREW it back into the driveway. I gunned it and got the hell out of Dodge...

So the mumma today, did not have any bad news given to her, but helped out just the same, and after a few evergreen wreaths tossed under the tires for traction, and she and a fellow worker pushing, we were off once again. Although she didn't have any bad news given to her, I think there was still some rage in her too, because she put her whole body into it to get me out of her driveway.

Interesting how the client and fellow worker keep getting assigned to pushing duty...heh heh...truth is, I have a 5 -speed transmission and neither could drive a stick. Woe is me.

I am still holding out on buying winter tires just yet...I am waiting to see how the winter goes.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page