Wednesday, August 11, 2004

where did summer go???

It was here, and it is going fast...we are moving towards the middle of August and I honestly don't know where the summer went. it just did. and I haven't even been camping yet! But hoping to remedy that this weekend...the gals and I heading down on the Cabot Trail to camp for a couple of nights and get to the beach at Black Brook...yahoo! Hopefully its a windy day and the waves are high enough for body surfing :-) The weather is hopeful - 20's during the day and teens during the nights. As long as it doesn't rain as my tent has lost its waterproofness after all these years.

it seems like we were waiting so long for it to come, and now I am afraid to get up one morning and see that the leaves have begun to turn...I am just not ready yet.

time to clean the bbq tomorrow...seems some people are more generous than others with the sauce and it is a complete mess...mind you, I am included in those people...but I want to take it camping and it is in quite a state.

just a little update - have been enjoying the hammock...was out a few days ago on a windy day so there were no flies and the wind propelled me back and forth nicely...I read for quite a while and it was very relaxing...ahhhhh...now to figure out where to hang it during the winter months...





No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page