Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Bloody Massacre

Sheesh, ya go away for a few days and leave the resident feline unsupervised and I come home to a bloody massacre! I'm happy with her victim - the late brown mouse, but what a friggin mess she made. When I first got in the door, I saw a pile of something out of the corner of my eye, assuming it was a pile of cat puke...but then I thought I saw a tail. So I finished what I was doing (setting up the Betta - Bubbles) so when I finished, I took a look...and it was a huge brown mouse...headless. I found the head about 4 feet away...there was blood from one end of my bedroom to the other. Thank goodness she didn't take it to my bed! There was scraps of fur, body parts, and blood all over the place, including the bathroom across the hall. I am guessing that the mouse fought the good fight by the mess left. Good thing I don't have a weak stomach and the weather is still cool...a couple of HOT HUMID days like we get in the summer would have made quite the stench out of this scene.

in any event, I am proud of my housebound kitty for taking care of business for me...even if she did make a mess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Jude!!
If that was me I would have freaked out totally.
I would be still running and screaming yet!!!
I have to give you credit for handling that one for sure.
Good for you.

Paul said...

I went away for a couple days once and the 2 cats managed to push open my housemate's door, go into the room, and then push the door closed again. Judging by the amount of mess they made on his stuff, they did this about 30 seconds after I walked out the door.

 
Locations of visitors to this page