Saturday, April 16, 2005

Saturday in Seclusion

I love Saturdays. You can choose to stay out drinking all night sleep in or get up early (which I normally do and did today). You can choose to do all your household crap today or leave it for Sunday. Personally would rather get it done ASAP so I can relax the rest of the weekend. I have Monday off, so it is a long weekend for me.

I did a presentation yesterday to the interagency committee in our area - probation services, transition house, family services counselling, restorative justice, rcmp, addiction services, etc, you get the picture. So I had been asked to present on how our agency (children's aid) responds to domestic violence. Easy enough. Then they asked me how do our workers cope with the high stress we deal with daily, especially after an apprehension...I tipped my arm up to my mouth and said we drink...well, at first you could hear a pin drop, then the laughs came. I was only half-kidding...heh heh...then the gal from addiction services hauled out her cards and asked if I needed to bring some back to my co-workers...it was quite funny...

so here I sit, sniffling, hacking and coughing my way through another weekend. But loving that I am NOT on call, so I don't have to listen to anyone whining and complaining that things are not right in their corner of the world and expect me to solve it.

I think I will go check out my sofa again...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page