Monday, April 04, 2005

Sniff, Snort, COUGH, Hack

Gawd, I hate being sick. Just when I thought this stupid cold of mine that I picked up in Halifax last week was easing back...its back full force today. I am tired of all the sniffing, snorting, hacking, coughing...I swear I have used a two boxes of tissues already. The cough medicine I use is disgusting and its not even Buckley's. It works, which is the point, but I gag while taking it. I have eaten my weight in candy and cough drops in an effort to stifle my cacking. I have surely coughed over every surface in my house and office, despite my feeble attempts to cover my mouth, but when one is in the throes of a coughing and sputtering fit where lung tissue is brought forth, it ain't easy.

And then there is the RASP in my throat that never seems to go away. I have asthma, and the puffers just ain't doin' it for me. So each breath, no matter how much I gag and cough, are tempered with a little rattle and rasp. Great. Just what I need. And I am SOOOO tired. Its hard to believe I once had a sleeping issue...I put my head down on the pillow of the sofa yesterday for what I thought would be my usual 10-15 minute cat naps and woke about 5 hours later...WTF? So THATS when I knew my cold was on ROUND TWO. I have never been able to nap that long.

Oh, and since I have been sick and tired, or tired and sick, those pesky body jerks are more pronounced...I think my coworkers will soon catch me at it...most of the time I can try to turn it into a shift in position, but when one's head snaps sharply to the right and left foot shoots out to the right...it ain't always easy....sigh.

2 comments:

Dreama said...

holy crap - is it supposed to BURN it out of me? If it is still nagging me in a couple of days, I may have to try this one out, just out of curiosity! Thanks for the help :-)

Pamela said...

Awww...sorry you're feeling so shitty, Dreama.
This won't be of much consolation but maybe of some - just be glad you're not pregnant.:o)
I had that nasty bug hit me a while back and sure as crap I thought I was dying and couldn't take a bloody thing!
Hope you're feeling better soon. I shall send a nice little buggie voodoo hex over for you. ;o)
*hugs*

 
Locations of visitors to this page