Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Rubber Pants and a Bicycle, and a twitching kitty too

Weird. That's what I thought too when I drove past it today. There was a man walking a bicycle along the side of the highway, wearing yellow rubber pants, you know the kind with suspenders. It wasn't raining and the roads were not wet. He was carrying a couple of shopping bags with stuff in them. All I could think of is MAN it must be uncomfortable and HOT riding that bicycle in rubber pants.

Then there was the twitching kitty...awww...I wanted to cry, I swear. I came along a kitty in the middle of the road that had just been hit and was in convulsions. It truly freaked me out, as well as saddened me. I wanted to stop and pick it up, but in 5 lanes of busy traffic in an industrial town where 18 wheel trucks number high, I wasn't about to join said kitty in her despair. It was a calico, just like my own kitty. Of course when I got home I scooped the resident feline up and smothered her with affection. I can't get the image of that twitching kitty out of my head though...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page