Saturday, December 06, 2003

Saturday morning...phone call at 7am from my only sister who lives in northern BC - "I can't sleep. wanna play cards". mphmmhmmpphhh...huh?

so I got up, as I always do for my nocturnal baby sister, and off we go to Yahoo games where she kicks my butt. 30 minutes later, out rises the resident teenager, getting ready for work. Then begin the "needs". I need breakfast, I need a drive to work. This from the teenager who three weeks ago, was looking for her own apartment. Get something at work, I say (A & W) if you are too lazy to make your own breakfast. We have gone way past where I suggest what she could have as it is the endless game of "I don't want that. you know I don't like that, whah, whah , whah". Then comes time to go shovel the snow that fell last night...and this charming child says to her mother "you shovel it, its your car". Steam rises, deep breath...whooah...I'm sorry dear, then mother does not feel like driving you to work. Get your thumb ready.

Hiss. Let me show you how to use the new scoop mother bought two days ago. hiss. "I don't have anything to wear". deep breath. I show her the windpants I bought for her last year at Wal-mart to do this very task. Its no wonder she doesn't remember them. She only shovelled once or twice. poor thing. Here you go, dear. Face as long as the day is short...but she knows by now that mother does indeed own the car, and without it, she will find herself standing on the side of the road with her thumb while being engulfed in slush from the dozens of trucks on the highway.

Resident teen manages to clean off the car in the time that I clear the driveway. Not too bad today, better than two days ago, but I'm no fool...more to come tonight. Now the scoop develops an attitude. it was an expensive one with an adjustable handle...too bad it adjusts when it feels like it and not when I want it to. then out it pops...mother has a tantrum in the driveway and the scoop goes flying. Resident teen thought she was borrowing the car to drive to work...mother informs her NOT so because I have to take the scoop back to crappy tire.

and we're off.

I did get the scoop exchanged for one that has a stationary handle. Good. bring on the snow.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page