Thursday, March 18, 2004

and now we are getting more snow...snow, snow, snow...when the first day of spring arrives, does the snow stop? LMFAO

I hope Brad shovels the driveway before I get home...

so I am off work tomorrow...YAHOO! I have been on duty for the past week, so I get a day off on Friday, automatically. Which is wonderful! I have been waking up at 6am lately and then managing to fall back asleep by 6:30am, only to have the alarm stop my heart at 7:15am...some mornings I practically lift off the bed, it startles me that much...not to mention where the kitty lands...I will be right on track once the times spring ahead next month.

The resident teenager and I went to Halifax on Monday to tour the campus of Saint Mary's University. We really liked it and she can't wait to go there. I bought her a SMU hoodie, so now she HAS to go. Now I want to go again too...boo. I am considering returning to school in a year or two to do a master's program, but the difficulty is in deciding a major. I am interested in so many things, but can't settle on just one, and it changes each week.

This week I am interested in pursuing the Masters of Criminology program there. It looks really interesting and I hope that I will satisfy the prerequisites. I have a BA in Sociology with the option in Criminology and Legal Studies for my first undergrad degree. My second one is a BA in Social Development Studies and my third was a Bachelor of Social Work. Perhaps I will e-mail their department to find out.

The other program I am interested in is a Masters of Psychology at just about any university...definitely NOT UW as I have enough degrees from them. I want something that looks different, ha ha.

As well, I could always do the MSW, Masters of Social Work, which I would easily get into I think, but I am not convinced that is something that I need. Decisions, decisions! And then I remember about all my student loan DEBT and I get discouraged and figure I will never see a masters...

So then I start thinking about moving up north next spring to work for some big $$$ and get a handle on my student loan debt. I will likely do this, as I can't stand being suffocated by this debt right now. I have a negative balance in my bank account right now and I just got paid...what's up with that? By the time each respective institution is finished dipping into my bank account, there is very little left for me!!! Thankfully I am expecting money tomorrow, or we'd be eating Kraft Dinner all week. Is this what I went to university for???

Oh, and those crooks at Revenue Canada have still not coughed up my tax refund. so much for e-filing to obtain an early refund...I filed on February 9th, one hour after they opened for business this year...and still nothing yet. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH. so until I get something from those vampires, I cannot even begin to think about our trip to Central America. which distresses Amber somewhat, but she will live with it as there is nothing we can do about it. I have already called and bitched about it, to no avail.

whine. pass the cheese.


No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page