Tuesday, March 23, 2004

on a brighter note...the whole Blankets Cape Breton thing is finally taking off. I printed up the brochures, and began distributing after checking with the dropoff places if it was okay to drop squares there, and they were wonderful about it. I called the local transition house Leeside Transition House and they were excited about the blankets, then I went to the senior's home and spoke to the activity director there and gave her some brochures, who also thought it was a grand idea, so here we are, our own chapter of Blankets for Canada! I can't wait to get our first blanket sewn up. I have many more brochures to be distributed if we want to make a go of it, so will be busy in coming weeks, dropping them off and networking. I have to enlist my partner in crime, Cibele to get busy too. She was to stop by with some brochures in Cheticamp yesterday and ask about getting it translated to french for the many french population in the counties....happy knitting!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page