Saturday, March 27, 2004

the great canadian DE trek

So it looks like some of my fellow DE students (referring back to when I was actually a student) are discussing making a documentary about our linkers (which is what we call ourselves on the listserve we all belong to) by following a linker across the country and that linker stays a night with a linker in each of the provinces, and visit as many as they can along the way. It began with our buddy, Shane the Hairy Hoser talking about making the trek, then came the talk about me applying for a job up north and the mention that I would have to drive all the way to the North West Territories, so now there is talk of following me AND Shane for the documentary, which would be way cool. I just finished reading a book Round Ireland With a Fridge, which was hilarious. It was about an English guy who bet his buddy that he could hitchike around Ireland with a bar fridge, and he did and wrote the book all about his travelsRound Ireland With A Fridge I would love to write a book about my travels, and across this country would be wonderful!

So I will give serious thought to my trek and WHEN I get a job up north, I will have to talk to my friends on the link about this trek! I can't wait to meet some of them, although I have met more than a dozen of them over the past 7 years. All wonderful people, with the exception of a couple of troublemakers who shall remain nameless...

great idear, huh?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page