Wednesday, March 10, 2004

ok, so now I know how to get out of a choke hold, block a punch or a kick, and get out of a wrist hold. Hope I never end up in that situation, but it is good to have some idea of what I'm doing. Now its back to work tomorrow, seeing what crap I can stir up...lol

heard a rumour that a strong northeaster is on its way. bring it on I say...it certainly can't get any worse that what we've had. and I am still without snow tires...waiting to see how the winter goes...

its been a blah night...not much going on except laundry. whoo hoo.

I am considering beginning a local chapter of blankets4canada here in the Strait area. Read all about it and if you are inspired, perhaps you can donate to a local chapter, or begin your own! I am working on designing a brochure for our chapter, based on the sample one on the site. I already have enough squares for half a blanket before we actually begin! It sounds like a wonderful cause, and I have been to the Yahoo group where the stats are of how many blankets have been given out in a given year and the numbers are phenomenal! Part of the process is to put a label on the blanket from the chapter it was donated from and perhaps down the road, you may hear about one of your blankets making it somewhere, or how that persons life changed after receiving a blanket. Its nice to know that you make a difference in the world sometimes.

talked with my sister last night on the phone...conversation seems a little thin these days. I'm not sure what has gone awry, but we have trouble finding things to talk about. Maybe it is the vast distance between us...4000miles has a way of doing that to a sibling relationship I guess. Her son is 3.5 years old and I haven't seen him since he was just a baby. She has another child who is nearly 2 whom I have never met, and she is having another in June. I looked at plane tickets to go and visit her, but it is a clear fortune, even with all the cheap airlines. Nearly $1000 just to fly in my own country, which is ridiculous. I can fly to Guatemala for cheaper than that.

haven't written much on the other blog...not much happening there as I await my damned tax return. I am beginning to think I just won't get it. In fact, I have convinced myself that I won't get it and we are not going to central america next month. bwahhhh....

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page