Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Winter Doldrums

yes, they are here. I am not the subject of them, but the resident teenager is...she went on quite a tantrum this morning that erupted out of very little...I hate this town, I am bored, I hate this town, I hate winter, I hate walking around in this town, I am bored...you get the picture. I don't know what to say to her. I hate this town too, and I hate walking around in this town. The sidewalks are a joke...if they even bother to plow them. And in the summer, you are lucky to find a sidewalk, and then lucky of you don't crack an ankle on the uneven slabs of concrete jutting up everywhere. I think she is just have the winter doldrums, the winter blues, getting shackwhacky. The big problem is that she is finished school, so has lost a great source of peer relationships. While she was only to glad to be finished with school, now she has hours and hours of time to rattle around the house. She works about 30-35 hours a week, but during the rest of it, she is often left here alone as Brad is still in school and I am at work. We are going on our trip in a month, we hope, so that will break up the time for her, but until then, I think we are in for a few more tantrums...

I am on training today and tomorrow for Street Smart, which is non-violent crisis intervention. I am semi-enjoying myself, but I don't do well when someone is up front, just reading off something that I have in front of me. I like the interaction much better. And then my mind wanders to work, and all the stuff I should be doing at work...or I begin to doze off...hasn't really happened yet as they do have us up and down a fair bit, but I am famous for this. I dozed through most of university...imagine the grades I could have attained had I been awake!

I return to on-call this Thursday for a week, then I am off a week and on once again. I hope for some hours, as I can sure use the money...it is a never ending money pit here in the house...where does it all go??? Question of the century, I know.

well, the EX is tucked safely away in our house in Grand Bruit. Lets hope he stays there for a while. With any luck, his family will explain to him the merits of leaving SB. I hope he is not making a mess of our house!

I had supper with my aunt and uncle last night...a lovely dish of pasta with fresh rolls, and a glass of red wine. It was nice to sit down at someone else's table for a change...I think I know how Amber feels...I am just tired of this house! Perhaps we should switch some furniture around tonight...that's my project for the night...they will both be at work so won't be in my way...see if that cheers her up at all. She is off tomorrow too, so perhaps we can go and do something different, get out of town.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page