Thursday, March 04, 2004

Here it is, March 4th and not an entry for the month! Shameful.

I have been busy though...made a trip to North Sydney on Tuesday night to return a young offender to Newfoundland...we got enough of 'em here...she had to go home...lol. She wanted to anyhow, but not after telling me something I found very incredible and shallow. While in our province, she was with some friends who had "taken a car without permission" and while they were in a high speed chase across the highway followed by several mounties, she is climbing into the back seat complaining she cannot get arrested in what she is wearing, so changed her outfit. incredible. my reply to that was that dear, you could have been wearing asphalt and blood had your friend lost control of the car during the chase...this did not appear to phase her. silly girl.

the resident teenager heard from her third university application...acceptance! So to recap, she has gotten into St. Francis Xavier (ST FX), Saint Mary's, and Dalhousie. Saint Mary's has already offered her a $2000 scholarship, while the other two have not announced anything yet. Whoo hoo Amber! Way to go! Now comes the task of sorting out where to go, but we are both leaning towards St. Mary's as we have heard only good things about it. We are travelling up to Halifax on the 15th to check it out at their Open House.

Drove to Antigonish yesterday to drop off the DAMN tv once again. This is the tv I bought at Future Shop a couple of years ago and in early January, it pooped out on us...no picture, and then a loud screeching noise like it was going to blow up. So thankfully I have the extended warranty, good until 2006! The only drawback is that the authorized repair shop is in Antigonish, 40 minutes away and his business hours are about the same as mine, with no evening hours, or weekend hours. This means I must take time off work to bring the tv over. So in January, I brought it over on a rare day off and was promised it would be fixed the following week. Great! Except it wasn't fixed for another month. Then came the task of getting over to pick it up with his limited hours, and with a dozen storms interfering with this, it wasn't easy. I finally got the tv back last week only to discover that it doesn't work. DAMN. So comes the task of getting this damn thing back over there again. So I called him, not much flexibility on the hours, so I have to book off an hour from work in order to drag this over there. May I mention that it is a 25inch tv, so I cannot really lift it myself and must have Brad put it in my car. So Monday, I get him to do just that...except I don't get to go over on Monday due to work being busy and I can't take the time off. Then Tuesday comes...I am on my way to North Sydney, the opposite direction...Wednesday comes, and FINALLY, I can get to Antigonish to get this tv out of my car. I had visions of coming to a sudden stop and getting rear ended by a television. I wonder how long he will keep it this time.

So about the telethon I worked for last weekend...we raised over $16,000, which is great! Some of the proceeds go to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters in the Strait area as well. I did have one interesting call...since we were using the regular lines at Children's Aid/Community Services, I had a call from someone who wanted to know "if the welfare office is open" so I asked him if he was planning on donating his cheque...then told him no, the office is not open.

No new snow this week, and actually received a great deal of rain, making for some flooding in areas, but as long as there is no new snow, I'm happy. There is however, lots of ice and my driveway is a skating ring.

Well, time to get myself ready for work and see who's life I can screw up, I mean help out today. (joking, people!)

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page