Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Awww..she misses me
 
I was talking to Brad earlier tonight before Amber got home and he told me that when Amber was feeling homesick the other night and had a little meltdown, she mentioned that she missed her mother.  Awwww...not that I doubted it, but is sure is nice to hear.  I know I sure miss her, although I am coming to terms with living alone.  She's been gone just 3 weeks but it seems like forever already.  I am going up to visit next weekend, and can't wait.  She is also coming down in early August for a weekend, so that should be exciting!  Besides the one night she and Brad spent here the day before they moved away, this will be her first night visiting me in my new home.  Awwww.
 
Seems the non-resident teen is also a little shy in making friends.  She is a pretty self-confident person, but I know she gets a little shy in making new friends in a new place...its that old fear of rejection that shows up in all of us.  I wish I could make it better for her.  I know she'll meet a ton of people in university this fall, but she really needs some friends this summer too.  She misses her old ones from here, and will see them when she comes back next month for the weekend, but she understands the need to move on now that she lives in another city.
 
Although I talk to her [Amber] every night, its still pretty lonely out here in the country.  I know I have kitty, lol, but my room mate is sparse, so I spend most evenings alone here with kitty. 
 
I miss her.
 

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page