Friday, July 23, 2004

Two Seasons - Winter and Campers
 
Yup, its here...camper season.  I just drove to Antigonish and saw no less than 200 campers, I am sure.  I am referring, of course, to the whole group - winnabegos, truck-pulled, flat top, pop-up...you name it, we got it down here in Camp Breton.  And none of them can go over 70kms/hr.  And then there are the campers that think they can pass other campers on a hill...so they are double laned, blocking off any hope of getting by.  Campers bring out the worst in people too...like the dumbass who tried to slam into me today...I am heading in the opposite direction and there is a camper with a whole string of cars and trucks  behind it, as they usually are, when out of nowhere pops this mini-van (the other annoyance on the road) to pass the camper, and headed directly for me.  I had to swerve to the shoulder to avoid him, the crazy idiot!  I leaned on the horn as I drove by, but it scared the crap out of me just the same. 
 
Since I have moved out into the country, I have less and less patience for driving anywhere that's busy...I couldn't wait to just get home and out of my car for the rest of the weekend.  I'm on call, but likely I won't have to go far or in very busy places (knock knock).

 
 

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page