Saturday, July 10, 2004

I love my house

Have I said how much I love living here yet? Well, I do. And after a morning of baking in my huge kitchen, I love it even more. I had so much room, there were parts of the counter that were empty...imagine! In my place in town, I was so cramped in that tiny kitchen that I didn't really enjoy baking, but out here...lemme at it. So this morning I made a batch of gingersnaps, peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies, and a batch of fudge. I was going to make a lemon loaf, but realized I don't have a zester (something to grate the rind on) and so will either have to borrow one, or buy one. Has it been that many years since I made a lemon loaf??? I have had the same grater for years...hmmm. I also wanted to make some snowballs, rum balls, and maybe something else...I have given up for the day though and cleaned the kitchen. Perhaps next week I will make more. I am sending some treats up with a friend to Halifax for the younguns there, and I have brought some over to the next-door neighbor - I was informed by the past tenant (my friend) that the missus doesn't bake much and that extra treats would never go astray...when I left my house to bring them over, she met me on the bridge...I think she was excited...lol. I enjoy baking when I have the room, and don't necessarily eat it much myself, but love sharing it with everyone.

All while I was baking, Darby the horse was out in his pen, and I can see him from the kitchen window, so I whistled to him and he whinnies back to me...its so cute! He was more interested in the neighbor (his mistress) but I liked pretending he was whinnying for me, lol. I brought him a treat too, of the vegetable persuasion.

And while I was amidst the baking frenzy, the roomie finally turned up. She had been travelling in eastern Canada for the past week and a half with a friend. I'm glad to have her back...its been a little lonesome out here with just me and the kitty :-)

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page