Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Canada Post

they're great aren't they? I've been wondering why I haven't gotten any mail since moving out here, and yet I turned in my mailbox key last week for my old address. I paid the required $37.95 to have my mail forwarded for 6 months and handed in the form about 12 days before I turned in the keys...but still no mail. Actually, for a week after it was to begin being forwarded, I was still getting mail, so I went in to the post office and asked them "what up" since I paid the fees to have it forwarded. Oh, turns out they had a note taped to my box but that everyone appeared to be ignoring it so was continuing to put mail in my box. Great. So then she informed me she would but a blocker on the box, so no mail can go in there. Good, then maybe I will get my mail. NOT. So I phoned the toll-free number on the back of my change of address form. And I am informed that I must "register" with the local post office to let them know I am living on their route. WTF? I paid $37.95 to have YOU PEOPLE DO IT. Sorry ma'am, that is just to put the stickers on your mail to reroute it. You need to go to the post office and register for your mail. Great. Where in the hell is that? I live on a rural route, but now I have to find the town it is named after. So I ask for the post office phone number. I hang up from Canada Post Customer service and call the number...some guy answers and tells me that oh, this isn't their number anymore, it was changed years ago when Polly something or other gave up working in the post office. I can give you the new number - gee, thanks mister. But they're not open, because they close at 5pm. Oh, ok. ahhh, Canada Post and country life...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page