Thursday, July 29, 2004

Its Been Two Long Years

Well, someone said to me that it was my anniversary today...mine and another worker's.  It has been two long years since I began working as a social worker.  Where did the time go.  In some respects it seems like I just got here, and that it wasn't long ago that I finished school, while in most others, it feels like I have been here for years.  This is the longest I have ever remained in the same job.  ever.  Not that I have been real transient in my careers...just haven't had a career until now other than parenting.  which I did for 18 consistent years thus far.  When I think of all that I have been through, and the changes that have occurred at work - staff turnover, moving offices three times, moving houses, hair color, etc...it has been a long two years alright.  And I think that while I have learned a lot, one thing I have learned is that I have a lot more to learn yet. 

I don't know if I'll be here another two years, or even just another year, but I do know this....I don't relish the thought of moving!  As well, I am still content in my job, even with the events of this week, and as long as I am still content in my job, I'll remain, but when I begin to feel like I don't want to go to work anymore, then it might be time for a change.  for now, I'm here.

two long years.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page