Monday, September 20, 2004

Its a LONG LONG way to Houston

Well, I've landed...it took all day, but I got here. I set both alarm clocks and neither went off. Imagine that. So I slept in, waking just 15 mintues before we were to leave for the airport, so it was a mad dash to get everyone moving, and get out the door. I wasn't late, I just didn't have time to get a shower...ick. So I travelled all day without one, not a new experience, after my international travels, but was not what I had planned. At least I DID wake up...

All the flights were basically on time, a new first for my travel experiences. My major complaint was that they don't feed you on West Jet. Now, you do get a "snack" which consists of 14 pretzels, or 2 cookies (sometimes those yummy digestive biscuits) and a beverage...but that's IT! On one flight I took, they'll sell you a sandwich for $5. no condiments on it, just meat and cheese. So of course, I snacked on junk food the whole way, thankfully I had stocked up before I left. I still have half of it left...amazing how 14 pretzels can fill you up...after 5 flights...

The flights were uneventful themselves...I did however have the opportunity to sit next to a good looking man who talked about his family - wife, 2 kids, farm, etc. Doesn't matter...at least he smelled good. The plane is small and cramped enough without ending up sitting jammed up next to a smelly, sweaty guy...which has happened to me before. On my flight to London in 2001 I was sandwiched inbetween two large Sikhs who smelled very bad. It was a lovely flight.

So I got to the last airport in one piece, then had a 3 hour drive to Houston. She had only brought just the youngest, so it was fairly quiet on the drive, although her youngest has an aversion to his carseat. But he worked through it...lol

Thankfully there is another 2.5 weeks before I have to travel again...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page