Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Tuesday Night and the Race is Over

Well now what am I going to watch, the Amazing Race is over. Here I am on a Tuesday night with my regular show over...I guess it isn't that regular, it starts at Mark Burnett's will, whenever the taping is done and the show has been packaged to air. I hope there's another one for the winter season...this past one was quite interesting...love to watch those social interactions come into play, no matter how Mark's team has doctored it up. At least a worthy team won the race. I would have been pissed if that rotten jerk Colin and his stupid girlfriend Kristie won. I was rooting most for the bowling moms and they darn near had it. They sure played a good race though, and we're all proud (fellow moms :-)

The other show I love to rant over is another of Mark's, Survivor, the original reality show. Ever since it aired in 2000, I have been hooked. I missed part of the first season, and only discovered it about half way in, but luckily, they thought to replay the first season through shortly after it finished. Not all seasons have been great though...some have truly sucked, with rotten players, and even more rotten editing. I would have to say my favorite one is probably Survivor 2, Australian Outback. Who can forget Jerri, the rotten wench who everyone loved to hate? And Kimmi, who adored chickens and Alicia, who shook her finger in her face for it. And poor Michael, who fell into the fire...then there was Deb, who whined and wimpered about being voted out first...sore loser.

This season they're in Vanuatu, and its cooking up to be a good season. I don't like that they've separated the men from the women, but my guess is that it won't be for long. The dynamics are just BETTER when they have mixed tribes. I'm in the Survivor pool again at work (actually, I run it - which reminds me...many have not yet paid...if you're reading...you know who you are! :-) I think its the sociologist in me that just loves to watch human behaviour unfold. Many think the whole thing is rigged and staged, but I disagree. While it might be edited to tell a story, or to focus on a particular event, it is as close to reality as I think we're gonna get. Big Brother just makes me want to hurl...

Reality television seems to be running a strong course...there's one for every night of the week and there seem to be no shortage of ideas thus far. How about those wife swap and mommy swap ones...where the hell was that when I needed a swap???

Tomorrow night I'll be tuned in, as usual...can't wait! Who will be voted out next?

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/


No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page