Saturday, September 11, 2004

Why I Need to Go Camping

mainly because I had a little meltdown at work yesterday. The thing with stress is it kind of creeps up on you and before you know it, it has you in its grip. I had suspected it was coming all week, kind of like a dreaded aunt Edna coming to visit. You know she's coming, but you fight believing it all week. And then BAM there it is. I had gotten into a little bit of a pissing match with an RCMP officer, and when he called a coworker to talk about me after it happened, I just lost it. We work very closely with RCMP all the time in my field of work, so need a good relationship and I just wasn't feeling respected when I spoke to him earlier and things just went downhill. I conceded and agreed to do what he was asking, but apparently he felt I was too confontational to work with that day. WHAT, ME? I was pissed off, and had a little tantrum at work, which is totally not me. Then I started crying and had a very difficult time shutting it off. I tried to go out and do some home visits, and on the way there, all I could think about was going home and crawling in bed. I didn't, I fought it off, and ended up working my way through it, but I didn't work with that officer yesterday, and now I just feel stupid. We will have to sort it out another time as I will likely have to work with him again, but for now, that dog will have to lie asleep for a while.

So I am going camping today with a big group of friends, some from work, some not. We're going on a piece of private land belonging to a co-worker and there will be beach, hiking, bbq, junk food and lots of beer! I plan on sleeping in my hammock as it is much more comfy than sleeping on the ground. There is a little shack on the land, so I'll have to rig something up in there, otherwise I will be out under the stars, which sounds great, but the mosquitoes would have a feast on my face while the rest of me is wrapped in my sleeping bag.

Hopefully things will look brighter when I get back, and if not, I only have to make it through this week before I get to hop on a plane to BC to visit my sister...YAHOOOO! I haven't seen her in 3 years, so its quite exciting.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page