Saturday, September 04, 2004

The Long Weekend

I can hardly believe its here...the last holiday weekend of the summer. Its seems we waited so long to even see summer weather, and then wham, it was over. September 2nd came in with a cool wind. The leaves have already begun to change color. Its like the first day of school had to mark the beginning of autumn. I'm not ready. I still have camping trips to go on, beaches to swim on, and sun to lay out in! How can it be over already? Its now September 4th and the cool weather is still with us. I don't really like it steaming hot, but I'm not ready for those cold winter nights either, that inevitably follow autumn.

So for my long weekend, I'm heading up to Halifax tomorrow to visit with Amber and Brad. I could have gone today, but they are both working and she wanted to go out on a "date" with Brad tonight since they have seen so little of each other lately with him working the night shift, and then last weekend she was here with me. So today I have spent doing laundry, packing up her new computer for transport, packing up things to take up with me for them, etc. She attends her first student orientation event tomorrow...YIKES! She is nervous and I am nervous for her. What an exciting time in her life! I'm glad I will be there to hear all about it when she gets home.

I'm in Halifax for a couple of nights...the first one at Amber's sleeping on the balcony in the hammock and the second one sleeping in a hotel room - I have a work meeting early in the morning the next day. We are hoping to get out on Monday to do something fun as she is busy all day Sunday.

and then, the long weekend will be over and it will be time to start Christmas shopping...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page