Sunday, October 30, 2005

Its All Over But the Hurtin...

Well, my costume last night was a smash....I became known as the sex book...which was fine with me. I went as Yosh Taguchi's Private Parts: a Doctor's guide to the male anatomy.


There were a lot of cool costumes there such as my friend R.'s costume - he was a skier in regular ski garb, but he had "impaled" himself with a ski pole through one shoulder and out the other side of his body. Another cool one was the gal from the cream cheese commercial, you know, in the fluffy clouds...she even brought her own philly...Another cool one who stayed in character most of the night was a gal wearing overalls from Nova Scotia Power who had done her makeup to look like she had obviously electrocuted herself...that was groovy.


Of course, there was the standard collection of witches, devils, and vampires. There were a couple of costumes that people weren't able to guess who the person was inside.


And then there was the music. There were a couple of gals there who had great vocals and both played amazing accoustic guitar, regardless of how drunk they got, ha ha. There was also a guy with a cool voice who belted out a number of Tragically Hip songs. The girls did some Fleetwood Mac, some Sarah McLaughlin, Mary Chapin-Carpenter, and other songbirds. I loved it!


And then there was the time the Amazonian sized blond (guy in disguise) was wrestling on the floor with the little guy dressed up as some local person, Handy...the blond outweighed him by a good 60 pounds or more, ha ha.


so hats off to my friends S. and S. who threw a fabulous party, and I hope to party with you folks all again sometime soon. Enjoy the book, S...I thought you might need it.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page