Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Many Ways Aliant Can Screw Up

Well, I have certainly rattled on about Aliant, the phone company, before...they always seem to find new and exciting ways to screw things up. As my regular reader(s) know, I am moving in a few weeks, and so as I have done many times before, I organize things ahead of time...today was when I decided to call Aliant and tell them when to stop my service, at the end of the month. Seems easy right? Simple even...I called them, spoke to "Wendy" and made things crystal clear for miss Wendy. We even chatted casually about the move, and she mentioned having been there a few years ago, and that she has friends still living there who own property rentals...hmmmm...can you hook me up...so she knew full well I wanted the phone disconnected at the end of the month. Well, about 20 minutes later I went to use the phone again, this time to call the power company and advise them of my move...no dial tone. WTF???


I just knew it was yet another Aliant fuck up so I went to my neighbors and called them. They dialed my number and it played a recording that my number had been disconnected. WTF??? So she checked her program, it clearly stated I scheduled disconnect for the end of the month. so what happened??? She called the programmers and someone who took the order beyond her deleted my service. Ok, stop fucking around and put it back on. Moments later it was on. Phew. They even offered me $25 credit for my troubles. Great! Incidentally, they also asked me why I was paying for Internet Call Manager without an internet service...HUH? I informed dear Wendy that I indeed had internet service and had been using it daily. Well, its not showing up here, so how about we do nothing and you get it for free. Fine with me...


About an hour after that, my mother went to use the phone...no dial tone once again. I was livid. So I went to my neighbors once again and called Aliant. Sorry about that ma'am, I will talk to the programmers and see whats going on. She did, they screwed up yet again, but no offer of another credit. Gee Wendy, your credit is getting used up if I have to keep doing this...


So here I am, just an hour or so later with the phone still working...I am scared to call the power company...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page