Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas Day

even in the absence of little children and a big family...the non-resident teenager was still up at 6:30am...she was awake much earlier, but had been given fair warning before heading to bed the night before...

By 7am, we had all gifts open and so set about exploring our goods, and then settled in for some naps...before long though, the child was chomping at the car keys to get out and visit. But first...we checked out the dishes from the dishwasher (that I had loaded later on last night) and they were all FILTHY. so I informed my dear daughter that she would need to help her mother clean the dishes first, before said keys would be turned over...she willingly (ok, a small whine) helped out and before long, was on her way. I puttered around a bit, worked on my new puzzle (The Simpsons) watched some of my new DVD (ER, Season One) set and then headed out to A. & R.'s for yet another turkey dinner...it was marvellous, and we overate, again! This time, R. finished first...

While the supper was cooking though, R. and I played with his new toy...a race car set!!! It was his second favorite gift (first being a beautiful digital camera the size of a deck of cards). We raced and raced and raced some more...I had raced as a child with my brother's set, but R. revealed that it was his life-long dream to own one and never did as a child...so there we were, sitting in the living room with the race car set on the windowseat (very large bay window seat) and the lights dimmed, so we could see the headlights light up...from time to time, Mount Rupert (aka resident kitty) would attack and it was anyone's game...

A few phone calls to family and friends somewhere along the way...

Once back at home, I chilled a little longer, before the non-resident teen arrived home, promptly at midnight, and we watched as B-rad opened up his loot from Santa at our house.

And that was Christmas Day...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page