Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Its All Over

but the cleanup...the non-resident teen has returned to the city via bus last night. It was two hours late, so we were impressed. She was tired, cold and hungry by the time the bus arrived after sitting in the car for that long. But now she's home, safe and sound and I am left with nothing but the cleanup. I'm back to work today, and on call for the weekend so Christmas is basically over for me now. S'alright...I am ready to put things back to normal around here again anyhow.

The one thing I fear though is moving that tree. As is usual with bought trees, they are somewhat older than one you cut yourself and therefore lose a few more needles...this one sounds like a shower of rain each time I touch it to plug in the lights, so I figure its gonna make one hell of a mess when I try to stuff it out through the door again. Maybe I can just leave it there until they all fall off, vacuum it up and then throw the trunk out the door???

Then there is the chocolate, cookies and leftovers. I parceled out most of the cookies with either Amber or the neighbors...the chocolate is heading into work with me today to be left behind, and the leftovers...well, I am sick of looking at them so will be dumped into the garbage today. I don't know when garbage day is (because of the holidays), but like all good country people around here, there is an ugly rusted old freezer at the end of my driveway to put garbage in so I will likely just throw a bag or two down there today.

Then after all is cleaned up, the furniture is moved back to its regular space, it will be time to settle in for the winter...sigh...and we already have a huge dump of snow. I had to get plowed out yesterday, but it didn't take long and he had a price I couldn't argue with - free. It might be just to hook me in for the winter, or maybe he is just a nice guy (the husband of my hairdresser and he lives just down the road). Whatever the case, I am very grateful! We still had a piece to shovel up through the steps and walk-way.

I want spring.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page