Thursday, December 30, 2004

Recurring Dreams

I'm sure everyone gets them at one time or another. I've been getting two different ones for several years now. The first one is about me trying to travel somewhere, no particular destination repeats itself, and I am always unable to make it. Either my laundry isn't done in time, my suitcase isn't packed, I can't find something that I need to take with me, I miss the boat/bus/plane/train or I have lost the tickets.

The second dream is always about me walking and/or running through a school from floor to floor, inside and outside, through classrooms, locker rooms, offices, etc and never finding what I need, or getting where I'm going.

I wonder what they mean...its no wonder I'm tired in the morning...I'm always rushing in my sleep!

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

I had 2 dreams that occurred quite regularly in my past. When I was young I had one that just seemed to be like white noise coming after me and I had to try and escape from it. I used to wake up and find a dark corner where I could lean against the wall. The smoothness of the wall was the only thing that seemed to soothe my nerves.

The other one dealt with work and getting "called in" to the office. I've had it once since October (when I was actually called into that office) and hope that was the final curtain...

Dreama said...

that is a darn good question Hank. I have been conflicted for some time about the direction in my life, or lack of. I have given much thought to making a major life change this past year since my daughter graduated high school and left home for university. I've thought about moving north (WAY north) or to Ireland, or to Alberta/BC area to work. Anywhere but here. But then I am a true coward and wonder endlessly about making the right decision and whether or not I will regret it, so I just don't make it. I even went so far as to have an interview this spring and darn near put it all together, but backed out after the interview and stuck around. You're right, my fear IS getting the better of me. I soon need to JUMP right in. My biggest fear is that I will move too far away from my daughter and hardly see her, and she will need me for something and I'm not there. She tells me she'll be fine, go, do my thing, but it sure is hard, making that break...

 
Locations of visitors to this page