Monday, December 27, 2004

slothful teenagers

I got one...she's home from university for Christmas and other than going to visit her friends in my car, or piling away food at the table, she hasn't moved much from the sofa, curled up in my new quilt...I had forgotten how slothful teenagers can be :-)

All my offers to help with the jigsaw puzzle (after all, it is The Simpsons!), play a game, read a book, watch a movie, go for a walk, etc...goes by the wayside in light of a good nap on the sofa. I feel a little frustrated that I cannot seem to entertain her more, out here in the "boonies" she calls it, however, I would still prefer to have her napping on my sofa than back in the city away from me...sigh...I miss her so much.

We made the trek into town earlier today, through a near blizzard because she was feeling very shack wacky. I cleared out I don't know how much snow by myself after telling her WE were clearing the driveway if WE were going to town. I went in to see what in the hell she was doing and what was taking so long and dear, sweet child of mine, was watching me from the window...so we hustled her into some suitable attire and she joined me in the driveway. I explained to her what my shovelling plan was (the driveway is so huge, and I have a bit of a parking lot, so don't plan on doing the WHOLE thing) and she still basically stood there for most of the time, leaning on her shovel with an "I give up" look. So, as usual, mother finished off the driveway and when checking to see if the car was stuck or would get stuck...I revved her up and took off to the end of the driveway and out onto the main road...making the dear sweet child, walk the distance to the car through the snow left in the driveway...awwww...what a meanie...

I need a nap.

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

Nice run of posts, Brat! I have an excuse for not writing any today --eBay beckons with a listing sale and I acquired 100+ more items today to put on TODAY. Busy busy me!

~HH

 
Locations of visitors to this page