Thursday, December 02, 2004

And There I Was With Stones Between My Toes

That's right, stones between my toes...I went for a healing stone massage this morning and it was GREAT! Very different though for me. I had only ever had the traditional back/neck/shoulders massage. This began with me laying back on several hot flat stones, and then she placed flat ones beneath my shoulders, some rounder ones on my cheeks and between my eyes, one on my belly, one on each hip, and one beneath each of my hands. Oh, and one beneath each of my knees. Then she massaged my feet, and when she was done, she put stones between my toes. Then she moved on to the rest of the body, which was regular massage, only with a stone, and at different times, she added or took away hot stones. I feel very fluid right now... and it's not alcohol induced, lol. The whole thing took about 90 minutes, and was well worth it.

And for another episode of non-traditional treatment...Amber was to the doctor yesterday about her anxiety/stress issue and he put pins in her ears. I hadn't really heard much about it and she hadn't heard anything, so when she told me, we were both wondering a little. Perhaps that had more to do with the 20 minute sermon he gave her about finding God and Jehovah's Witness...followed by the pins in her ears. Apparently it is some type of acupuncture that will help with energy and stress. We'll see...she has already taken on of them out because it hurt. Anyhow, it doesn't hurt to come out of the bubble once in a while.


No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page