Monday, December 27, 2004

The Holidaze

Well, after crawling out from a fog of food, gifts, people and liquor...I have surfaced.

Christmas was very nice, thanks. the big Hoser was impatient to hear how it had been...lol...only fair I guess, I pester him when he doesn't update his blog...

After the purple hair incident...I drove a friend and a child in care up to Halifax and then did the fast turnaround and came right back to Cape Breton. It was a mostly uneventful trip although the child that travelled with us certainly tried hard to put us in the holiday spirit with 19 renditions of Christmas carols...she knew quite a number of them, along with knock-knock jokes, recitations from school, hop scotch songs, pop music, and did I mention she knew a pile of Christmas carols? I had forgotten what it was like to travel with a young child in the car....probably because I rarely did it. When Amber was that age, we didn't own a car, nor did we live in a town that had roads...lol

We arrived home around 10pm that night, and unpacked the presents, and lounged in the living room until about 1am, then crawled off to bed. The next day was a flurry of activity as I prepared the annual turkey fest, cleaned the house some more (kids are messy, no matter what age) and before I knew it, my friends were here and turkey was upon us...and in us...we surely ate our weight in food that day...although Amber out ate both men! That's my girl...she had her plate cleaned before they had their bread buttered I think...Brad said he was trying to keep up but thought he was going to throw up so slowed down again and admitted defeat. She then piled up another plateful and won the second round as well...

We retired once again to the living room after making a half-hearted attempt at the dishes. We debated whether or not to try the fussy dishwasher that hasn't been working well and finally decided to give it a try, however, something was lost in the communication as everyone dropped what they were doing and hid in the living room...so they didn't even get put in the dishwasher...to hell with it...I went to the living room too! Christmas comes but once a year and as long as the leftovers were taken care of properly...

Later in the evening, after friends returned to their home, Amber, Brad and I drove on over to his home to leave him with his family for the night, visiting a bit once there. His sibs were quite excited as they didn't know he was coming home for Christmas!

Amber and I returned home for our first Christmas alone together...we tried to think of Christmas Eve's past and couldn't come up with one in recent history where it was just the two of us. Awww...so we each opened one gift, hung out in front of the tree and television before heading off to bed to wait for Santa.

The morning came early enough...I usually take something to help me sleep and forgot that night, so by the time I remembered, it was too late! And I tossed and turned all night....it wasn't just because of Santa either...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page