Saturday, December 04, 2004

Household Chores

I hate them. And after living without a partner for the past 6 years, I hate them even more. Actually, even when he WAS there, he wasn't as he worked away for 6 months of each year, so I had to do them myself then too. Things like fixing the pot handles on my kitchen pots, or putting up the plastic on the windows, or putting up the Christmas lights, or washing the car...those kinds of things. No real big deal, but it sure was nice to share those chores with someone. Most of them I can actually do, which some gals choose not to do, or don't do very well. Its just that sometimes, I hate to admit it, but I would rather a male partner just did them. Its not the same if I have to ask. It sure would be nice for someone else to just DO things around the house. I may have a roommate, but I basically live alone. She's away half of the week, and I don't know that she would know how to, or be able to do those chores.

Sigh. I think I am just lonely for a partner. And after all those years while I was married, swearing I would never get married again (not that having a partner means getting married). I don't want to live alone for the rest of my life...there are a lot of years ahead (I'm just 37) and I don't relish spending them by myself.

So who wants to come and hang my Christmas lights?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page