Sunday, December 19, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me

Hey I can't believe its been 5 days since I wrote! The longest absence ever...tsk tsk...well, the thing is, I got some heat for one of my posts, so was not really in the mood for a few days, then I got busy and now I finally, sort of have time to write something. I have been baking all weekend...got some treats made for the non-resident teen, as well as a gingerbread house, right from scratch. My friends found it rather stressful to be around me when I was working on the construction of the gingerbread house...see, they are somewhat clumsy and I had JUST enough pieces made to make the house with, with only a few doors and one extra wall, so if they broke my pieces before I got it put together, I would be very upset. So when K. dropped some chocolates on the gable, I nearly took her head off...

Anyhow, got the gingerbread put together, and sat around with my friends last night, eating, drinking, eating, smoking, eating, drinking, you know...the usual...ha ha. Not that we were all smoking, but that there is a smoker or two in the group. We watched some movies on tv...humour was good last night on the dish. So today, have to watch some drama to balance it all out...

I ended up turning 38 at midnight alone though, as they were all gone home or to bed. K stayed over in roomie's room. (Roomie has gone on vacation for a couple of weeks to visit family). I was on the phone though, with my ex-roomie and friend, B, who had a baby just 10 days ago! Congratulations B! And Rusty James is in the movie Rumble Fish, an SE Hinton book. The character is played by Matt Dillon.

It was the first birthday I have spent without Amber though...wahhh...she did call today, but its not the same...although I will have to get used to it.

My dad called, and then brother, then Amber, then my mom...still haven't heard from my sister yet, but she was out at the staff party last night, so is likely not feeling too well just yet, with the time difference and all.

So today, I am finishing up my baking, watching some movies...and I am OFF tomorrow, which is just grand...I didn't get to take my relief day on Friday because of court, so I can take it tomorrow. I have to get all the baking and cleaning done before Tuesday, as then its back to work for a few days, before heading up to the city to pick up the younguns.

Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

Didi said...

Happy birthday to you!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!
Steppe

Big Hoser said...

Way to go! Happy Birthday!! Enjoy it --must suck being even this close to Christmas!!

Dreama said...

It was a good day...I had enough leftovers that I didn't have to cook for myself, and got calls from everyone, including my brother who sometimes doesn't get the date right, lol. I know what you mean about having a birthday close to Christmas...always got those "combo" gifts...but at people keep them separate these days and my friends were very generous. My parents gave me money, so I bought this really nice wooden box, carved with celtic symbols, which I just love. Amber gave me stretchers for my ears and a bracelet she made at a funky shop downtown made out of blue glass, which I also love. It was a great day! And now Christmas is just down the path!

 
Locations of visitors to this page