Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Drive Home, part two

I was quite excited today. I drove home in daylight! And that was AFTER a stop at Crappy Tire to pick up a couple of fuses for the dryer. It was great. I am so sick of this darkness. If I end up not really going out during the day at work, I basically get to work just after daylight and get home in the dark. Ugh. I can't imagine what my friend K. is doing in Inuvik...I recall an email a few weeks ago where she mentioned that the sun was coming up at 11am...

So when I got home from work today, I noticed that my Christmas lights had more off than on bulbs. What a piece of shit. Thats all I can say. They are Santa Lights from Wal-Mart. I should take them back, ice and all. I didn't pay a whole lot for them, about $5 for the string of 25, but they should at LEAST last me one season. I am so fed up with buying crappy lights! Unless a sexy man shows up to staples some to the eaves next year, I'm not putting them up anymore. I guess I did have more to say...

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something Wal-Mart this way comes!!

Every time you mention Wal-Mart, I'm just going to shake my head...

Y'know... there's a gizmo out that tests the power cord to see which light is burnt out and causing the rest to shut off.

I'm a man, therefore all about the gizmos.

Dreama said...

I know all about the gizmo...these are bulbs that have burnt out. And I am not paying to replace them, I would sooner throw the whole string out as they cost to much to replace. I think it is because I stapled them bulb straight up so water gets in, and something happens.

 
Locations of visitors to this page