Sunday, June 26, 2005

Circle Flies

you know the ones...deer flies, horse flies, dung flies...all the same thing. They circle your head AGAIN AND AGAIN until you want to go insane. And then they land and BITE a chunk out of you. I have fly dope on, which has been quite successful for the black flies and mosquitoes, but those darn circle flies!!! One bit me on the ass today, through my skirt and underthings.


circle flies aside, it was a glorious weekend. We went camping at a municipal campground, which was not really camping, but it was a nice site where we were, and we hung out with some friends who had brought an air conditioned camper. We sat out 90% of the time, but a trip in to use the bathroom, get a drink or just chill in the camper was nice. It was STEAMING hot at the campsite, totally land locked and no air flow. We ate, we drank, we told stories, it was groovy.


Then I came home to an oven...house wasn't too bad until the sun came around to the front of the house. I didn't stay in much anyhow...I have a little creek right next to my house, and so I lugged a chair and small table out there, plus goodies and a book and sat right in that creek. It has tall maples, birch and others shading it, and the water is shallow. Just enough to cool off...it was wonderful, and I spent the better part of the afternoon out there. I fell asleep a number of times, more like a dozing, and once nearly fell off my chair and into the creek drunk again so got up and came into the house for a nap. Should have just hauled my hammock out there too instead and napped there!


I slept under the stars last night for most of the night until a few showers came, but once they were gone, off went the tarp again. Can't believe I have to go back to work again tomorrow...sigh...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page