Saturday, June 04, 2005

Only in Cape Breton

do the construction workers plow through the pissing rain and the first day of sun last week they all disappeared. They have a huge mess in town and no one has seen them since Tuesday when the sun came out. WTF? They are probably out golfing.

Hard to believe that just a week ago we were bitching and whining about the lack of spring and summer weather...the leaves weren't even out and now in just one week of sun, the trees are wonderful and I was finally able to rip that fucking plastic off the windows...and discover about 2000 flies in the window sills and trapped in the plastic...thankfully they were all dead. YUCK!

Went to hang clothes on the line today...was assaulted the entire time by those pesky black flies...little bastards. I think I'll have a fire tonight and burn some boughs that my landlord cut...that will keep them away I hope...feckers...

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

I think that's written into their bargaining agreement. If it's a nice day, then they're not scheduled to work. If it's a horrible day, they're not scheduled to work.

If you're late for an appointment, 7,564 dump trucks need to get to the roadwork ahead of you...

Remember when I move dinto that condo and a week later they tore up the street? They still hadn't finished when we moved out a year later.

 
Locations of visitors to this page