Saturday, June 25, 2005

Summertime!

We have had a glorious week of sunshine and it actually held out through my day off and the weekend! (so far) Off camping again today for the night, only not quite wilderness. This campground is right in the middle of a small town! Not generally my idea of camping, however it is great to get away with the girls and we plan to have a lot of drinks laughs today!


Did I mention that my neighbor has trouble with their waterline? We share the same well (its a gravity fed spring well, so tons of water) and they don't know where the break is so dug a new line...it looks as though a giant groundhog had his way with our yards...boo hoo! Will post pic following post. The croquet field is toast, as is the clothesline, and the firepit, until the earth is pushed back down where it belongs...


Painted some lovely rocks yesterday...no masterpieces, but brought more color to my garden. I hope to pick up some more this weekend...really enjoyed sitting out yesterday in the sun, painting away. T'was quite relaxing...perhaps there's an artist in me yet...


Applied for a job in Prince George last night. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! I'll do the interview and see what happens. I can't really afford to move right now, but if they pay expenses up front to move, I will consider it. I wouldn't want to go until the fall anyhow, as I have my summer mapped out. It was the first job I was quite interested in for some time, however the pay is not all that. Somewhat more than I make now, but by going a few hundred more miles north, I could make $10,000 more per year AND get the Northern Resident's Allowance. So we'll see...

5 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Would that be Fort St John or could you squeak through to Dawson Creek? Further north? Ew! It's cold like the rest of Canada up there!! ;)

Dreama said...

well, the next northern destination I am looking at is Whitehorse, so if I don't go to Prince G. I would consider Whitehorse where they are always hiring and I have been there before and LOVED the landscape. Winter...what's winter. At least its dry cold, right?

Anonymous said...

the thing that gets me about whitehorse is the darkness--- if/when i go there it will have to be in summer, so i can live it up on the long days before the winters' three hours of sunlight.

Dreama said...

I don't think that would be the worst for me at all. I used to live in Labrador and it was very similar weather and light/dark. The thing about Prince G is that it stinks there because of the mill. But who says I have to live in the city? I don't here :-)

Big Hoser said...

My ol' college roomie (the non-nudist one) went for his MA up in Prince George. If you're closer to the university, then you can't smell it. It's actually a lot nicer up there than I remember in the '80s.

The mosquitoes are right bastards though.

~HH.

 
Locations of visitors to this page