Friday, June 17, 2005

TGIF

Fridays...there's nothing like it. Unless you work on Saturday. I'm on call for the week until next Thursday, but hoping its not as busy as last weekend was for a co-worker. I have been so busy lately, I am looking forward to some relaxation again, and some time out in my back yard if the weather permits. Weather has been quite an issue here it seems...you can dress for the rain and the sun comes out hot enough to scald the rocks...or you can dress for the sun that might be out and it clouds over and pisses rain, and a gale of wind comes up...can't seem to figure it out. The flower growth in the past couple of weeks has been just outrageous...plants in my garden that were just coming up are now in bloom. Except for my damn sunflowers. The first time I ever planted them and I think they're conspiring against me. They've been in the ground for a good month with NOTHING up. Feckers.


The kitten seems to have settled somewhat. I think it was a case of separation anxiety. I had been away all weekend and he rebelled against me to let me know it was NOT cool to leave him behind. Tough break kitty, but you don't get to go camping anyway. Today is the day I hunt down some soft paws nail covers in town at one of the vets and later WRESTLE them on to both cats. It should be interesting to see just how much skin they leave on my body.

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Our weather on the left coast hasn't been phenomenal for an early summer. It's been good enough, apparently, for our garden to grow like crazy. We have fresh raspberries and strawberries already.

Mmmmmmmmmm....

Dreama said...

That's the weirdness here...as rotten as our spring has been, that one week of good weather kickstarted some things but not others...in Halifax the apple blossoms are out, but not on my tree here in Cape Breton...but yet my peonies are ready to flower with the buds out already..weirdness!

 
Locations of visitors to this page