Friday, June 24, 2005

Personal Space

I forgot to mention how the sales lady was in my personal space last night whilst I was considering my purchase. And I mean IN MY PERSONAL SPACE. She is Arabic/Muslim which I know is a bit of a cultural thing, they like to be CLOSE and PERSONAL. You may be wondering what defines MY personal space, as people do differ. Well, let me describe to you this lady...she was a very good salesperson, knew what to say to help me in the right direction towards purchase, but at one point, besides being so close to me when she talked, she stopped and picked the blood off a mosquito bite on the side of my face "what's this, a pimple, hmmm, no, its a fly bite, of course, its a fly bite. I see that now" (I had been looking at a friend's land in the country just before going to the furniture store so got bitten). I felt she had crossed the line INTO my personal space with that one...and just to note, I had never met this lady before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say...."eeeewwwwww" ??

Dreama said...

no kidding, huh...I was waiting for her to spit on her hands and smooth my hair down...

 
Locations of visitors to this page