Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I've DONE it Now

I applied for a job in Whitehorse, Yukon. And I have an interview in September. I think this time I am finally going to do it, and make the move up north for the big $$$. Granted, I don't have the job yet, but I think I am going to keep at it until I get one this fall. My sister is happy about it as it will put me closer to her, although not much easier to see her...its a 17 hour drive and an $800 plane ride there, which I think is ridiculous (the cost of the plane ticket).

It will be chilly, but I can't imagine it being any worse than when I lived in Labrador. It was pretty damn chilly then too and I always had to plug in my car. I can handle it. Bring it on. You will hear me whine about it later, heh heh.

I informed my supervisor, co-worker and executive director this week. I needed to used them as references so kinda had to tell them then. The Yukon folks were looking for the references now, in order to have that taken care of. There is also a written portion and I needed to find an invigilator. A WHAT? Yeah, I had to find that out too. I kind of had an idea because of the context, but it is just someone to supervise me while I write the written portion.

My agency is not happy that I'm leaving. I can understand that. Its been a revolving door there since I started and now I've been there three years and I'm leaving. I hope they don't have too much trouble replacing me, but there have been openings in the past for months, which is not good when the work is still there to do. Hopefully they have more applicants this time.

I'll be sad to leave my home, my friends, the beaches, but glad to leave behind the living cheque to cheque part...yeah, I can really do without that part. The gal who left last year to go to the NWT says it was really worth it for the money. She just accepted a permanent position in Yellowknife and was here for a visit between jobs and talked about how much she enjoyed it...so that kind of sealed it for me...I'm going!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page