Sunday, August 07, 2005

Vacation Endings and other rambling

Back to a more structured life again tomorrow with the end of my vacation. Its been a great two weeks, with some interesting moments, and downright relaxation, which is just what I needed. Now its back to reality, and anticipation of weekends stolen at summer campgrounds and music festivals where possible.


The ten year anniversary of Jerry's death is just around the bend on August 9th. That day is also the birthday of a friend from Newfoundland, and they will be partying it up without me, boo hoo. I have been to them in the past and they're usually a good time.


met two interesting young people on the boat last night, backpackers from out west. I offered them a drive to the causeway rail station and a bed for the night, of which they were graciously appreciative of. I figure if I do what I can for others when I can, when I am in need, it will be there. And I had plenty of room. I had spent the evening sitting with them, chatting the night away, and found their enthusiasm refreshing, and their relaxed way of life enviable. Safe travels on the rails, Sara and Adam!


the resident feline Via has decided that she takes offence to Stormy's presence once again, and hisses at each opportunity. He cares little and pursues a good spat frequently!


the weather here today was wonderful and speaks to be all week...ahhhh...summer.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page