Sunday, August 14, 2005

Leave My Dead Mouse Alone

Yes, there has been a casualty here on the far. I came home on Friday night to discover a dead mouse on my walk. He was huge too, and I didn't quite know what to do with him. My cats are indoor cats, so I know they didn't kill him, so it was likely an outside animal. I didn't want to move him in case some animal was "storing" the mouse there to come back later and snack on. As well, I didn't want to put him in my household garbage just yet as its not collected until Tuesday. So I left him there, dead as a doorknob.


Then I got up on Saturday morning to discover he had been moved about 3 feet from where I left him. hmmm...someone has interfered with the mouse. Perhaps it was the original killer...but why didn't this killer eat him or take him? Interesting.


Then my friend M. came over with some of her friends and their two dogs, and she asked me to move the mouse, so I did, and put him in a plastic bag, and stuck him on the railing of the back step.


We came back from shopping at second hand clothing stores only to find that the mouse had moved again, this time to the middle of my flower bed. OK, WHO IS MESSING WITH THE MOUSE?


So that's where the mouse sits, in a plastic bag in my flower bed. I haven't been out to check on it yet this morning...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page