Monday, August 08, 2005

Taking Stock

of injury. I hate to talk about medical shit, however I was asked about a couple of my scrapes and bruises, and was reminded of just what an effing klutz I am, and this vacation was no different. Accident prone or something, and nothing elaborate either, just everyday scrapes.


in no particular order...

  • there was the scrape and bruise on the top of my foot where I jumped off diving point in Big Pond and hit bottom...wasn't expecting that.
  • the bruise and skin ripped off the back of my left hand where I tried to get out the door with a basket of clothes in a bit too much wind. Cursing, I heard this voice from across the field - what in the hell is wrong with you? (it was my ex-BIL)
  • the scrape on my right ankle where I smacked it off my father's stage head while getting out of the boat with too much shit in my hands
  • the lump on my forehead from cracking my skull more than once on the rafters in my dad's barn while rooting through my old junk
  • the bruise on my upper lip and nose where my head smucked off the dash/windshield of my dad's boat when we hit a particularly nasty wave
  • the swelling on my ankle from rolling my foot when my dad came in the door and whacked me with the door as I was bent over taking off my shoes
  • the cut on the bottom of my foot where I stepped on glass in the loft of my dad's barn while rooting through my old junk (again)
  • the bend in my glasses from the pet cage door falling back and smacking me in the face when I had it on the roof of my car, transferring the kitten from the boat kennel to his own cage - it was a larger dog cage I had put him in so he had room to kick

But really, it was a great vacation! In review, I can't help but notice that my dad has been there for many of my klutzy moves...hmmm...interesting...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page