Tuesday, May 25, 2004

grad photo day

Well, we finally did it...the planets were finally all lined up and we took the plunge and went to get the resident teen's graduation photos done. We began at Wal-Mart where we had hoped to get them done...turns out our local Wal-Mart does not carry the gown for the local high school. WTF? There are only three high schools in the two counties and they don't actually carry any of their colors. But yet they have a big advertisement for doing graduation photos...whatever for??? So after I pitched an embarassing hissy fit, we left and went to Bob Martin Photos and paid $30 for 12 proofs/poses. We have to then pay $25/sheet which is 1-8x10, or 2-5x7, 4-4x5, etc. Quite a difference from the $3.95 I was going to pay at Wal-Mart. They will get a stern letter from me...

So off we went to Bob Martin's and he was gracious enough to see how frustrated we were since we had taken months to get hair, makeup, absence of zits, schedules, time and so on all together. She dyed her hair yesterday so it was freshly colored for the pic...minus that little smudge of dye on her left cheek...can't see it in the photo, honest! Surprisingly enough, the photos were taken at noon and ready for 3pm. So I picked them up after work and Brad and I browsed the photos at home. The resident teen is at work, so has not seen them yet. There is a really nice one of her in the grad gown and another really nice one in her regular clothes. He took some of each and one of the both of us, but I don't particularly like the one with me in it...my planets were not lined up...

I had my B & W film developed today too, but I was not so impressed with them. It wasn't Bob's fault, but the fault of a crappy camera and not so interesting subject matter in central america. I guess the Roman ruins look better in black and white. We didn't see that many in CA, so there are just a few pics that are frameworthy. Oh well...I have some really nice color pics that I will check out getting enlarged to 5 x 7 I guess.

My friend got a job up north, just the one she had been after for big money. Congrats!! When can I move into your house??? heh heh...I am hoping she will talk to her landlord early this week and let me know, one way or the other. If not, I am not homeless and Cibele will move in here with me next month when the resident teen and her man move out. We are going up to Halifax in two weeks to find those crazy kids an apartment, and take himself around to look for a job.

I am still recovering from the busy weekend...but can't go to bed early as I have to wait for the resident teen to get home and critique her pics or I won't hear the end of it, heh heh. If anyone wants to take a peek, just e-mail me or leave a comment and I can send it to you (family and friends only though).

I have to go to Halifax tomorrow afternoon - have two days training in Halifax so I have booked into the Cambridge Suites which is a pretty nice hotel. Will be nice to have some quiet alone time I guess, although I find staying in hotels rather lonely these days. Too bad someone else wasn't coming from work. I think my office mate is coming, but he is likely staying at his own house as he has a house just outside Halifax. Training is just more fun when there are two or more of you staying in the hotel together.

Ok, my contacts are about an hour past expiry for the day, so must run...later.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page