Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Sunny day again, that's lovely. Wish it would warm up a little, but I am not complaining. It was downright hot on Saturday and I got some sun, including a sunburn on the legs.

Nearly ripped my toe off on my treadmill...got cocky and didn't hold the handlebars, as I was reading and my toe slid back to the right and hooked in SOMETHING rather unpleasant...all I know is there is a flap of skin on my little toe trying to grow back. But it has not disuaded me from using it...been pretty good actually and used the treadmill nearly every single day since I bought it.

Sleepless night last night...I haven't slept well since returning from my trip, which is typical, but last night was the longest ever. I had a rough day at work yesterday with a child apprehension, which is never easy. I probably wouldn't have slept anyhow, as I usually spend the night replaying in my mind the events of the day, how the mother reacted, and the look on the child's face. Thank goodness I don't do that sort of thing very often or it would burn a person out.

Went out last night to my friend's house who I hope to rent next month for a look. Resident teenager was late in bringing my car back, so I didn't get out in time to get a picture of the outside of the house, and then I kind of forgot about pics on the inside. My friend is not a tidy person...enough said. But I could look through her clutter and furballs (two long hair cats...) and envision my things in her house. It is much more roomy than mine, and the location is perfect. It was just a mere 15 kms from town. There are some needed repairs/things to be done, but nothing drastic...doorbell needs replacing, tons of lightbulbs burnt out (that would drive me nuts - doesn't bother her), move out the old laundry pair to make way for my new set I bought when I got my job here, get the dishwasher cleaned (don't know how that works, but she claims it needs cleaning - I am thinking there is a food trap somewhere or something), get cables run to two other rooms and phone cords to two other rooms (jobs for my dad, the cables and phone things). So not a whole lot. The basement is huge and has cold storage too and a laundry chute from upstairs! Although I am not sure about throwing my laundry down there...seems to be an abundance of bugs/flies...they might crawl through it.

My friend has yet ANOTHER job interview, so something is gonna happen for her, and she will likely have several job offers. Then I have to give notice to my landlord, and get packing! I have decided not to do a big pack job, but to just take my time and move one room per day if I can, and get a truck for one day to move all the big stuff. That's the plan TODAY...who knows what might transpire as the time comes. My friend hopes to be out by mid June, so I am hoping to be moving in by then, and completed by the end of the month. The resident teen's graduation is at the end of the month - a week-long fiesta it seems. There are three nights, only two of which I am invited to go, but will be expected to drive for the third. They have the grad dinner, the prom and the grad party, all on different nights...and of course there is a party after the prom, so two late night parties in the same week. I was chauffeur last year, so likely a repeat duty.

Of course, my parents will be coming during that week we hope, so that should be interesting - moving during a parental visit. But they did it their whole lives as my dad was in the military, so it should be old hat for them...heh heh. Don't worry mom and dad, won't make you work that much at all. It should be mostly done by the time you get here. Just a few jobs simple jobs for dad :-)

must go get ready for another day.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page