Monday, May 31, 2004

Another long day...work, then off to Antigonish for an appointment - turns out I have asthma...guess that's why I nearly expired on the volcano in Guatemala...heh heh. The doc actually told me it was very dangerous to have such an attack so far from hospital, and no emergency puffer. So I left armed with two prescriptions and a promise to carry the emergency one with me at all times. Sure would have helped me out on the volcano, I tell ya.

Amber and I visited a friend of hers who is in the hospital getting treatments for cancer. The friend is from A & W, and Amber misses her quite a bit, so wanted to visit. She brought her candy, flowers and some Downhomer magazines. Amber made an odd comment though that I hadn't realized before...she had never been to visit anyone in the hospital before. She had surely been as a patient a number of times, especially to outpatients, but could not remember visiting anyone. I reminded her that she did visit me when she was just 2 years old, but of course, would not remember that. She was a little nervous, but I told her just to chat it up with this friend like she always did and enjoy the visit. The friend was likely glad to not have to talk about her illness for a change.

Was out to my friend Kathleen's house tonight. She finally had the opportunity to speak to her landlord about the possibility of me moving into her rental house. So when I got there, they stopped over for the "Interview". It was a little awkward, but we muddled through. They will let me know tomorrow. I think they were just surprised as they didn't know she was even looking for work elsewhere - it had been a low-key effort. So, I will hear tomorrow whether or not I get to finally move out of this noisy town. Either way, Cibele will move in with me next month, and if I have to stay here, I will just keep looking over the summer for another place.

Another busy week...with a fine ending - we have the agency picnic at Whale Cove this Friday. It is an afternoon and overnight adventure, complete with cabins, bbq and games. I went last year and had great fun, so it should be good this year as well. And then Sunday is the 18th birthday for the resident teen...HOLY COW. I am cooking a turkey for she and her friends, and I have to go in this week and order an ice cream cake for her. Brad is going to make some cookies. Should be good fun!

Now it is off to bed with me...and some reading in my latest novel - No Great Mischief by Alistair MacLeod. It is interesting thus far...



No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page