Saturday, May 15, 2004

Well, so much for being chilly. It is actually very warm today! Must be well over 20C...which is glorious! I was out sunning myself earlier, but got a bit of a burn on my thighs, so had to come in. I need something to lay one other than a towel so I can "flip over" to get the backs of my legs a little tanned. My upper body is well tanned from my trip south, now I need legs to match. I know what they say about sunning yourself, but I really don't care. I like being tanned! Simple as that!

My friend and co-worker A. was by earlier today with her brand new kitty...she is a lovely longish hair tabby and white...and she phoned me just now to tell me what they named HER - Rupert! can you imagine? We are both Survivor fans, so that's where it came from. The kitty is cute as ever, and will be expected to earn her keep at their new lodgings out in the country as there are mice in the area. She is just 8 weeks old, so will have some time yet, but I imagine it won't be long before she bags her first kill. According to A., she is getting along already with the resident dog, Brandy. He is used to kitties I hear.

The resident teen and boyfriend were out in the yard today, goofing around...I was watching from the upstairs window as they attempted cartwheels, handstands, flips, somersaults, etc...it was quite humourous...I rememeber the day when my body would let me do that...

I don't recall if I mentioned it before, but I am considering a move this summer out of town, but not too far. One possibility is to a friend's house in the country. She is pursuing employment up north, so I am pursuing renting her house when she departs. It is a nice 3-bedroom with a huge yard, and nice neighbors. I have also asked another co-worker to move in with me and share expenses since I will have so much room. The rent is less than I pay here, and I am hoping I will actually be able to tackle my student loans in earnest by sharing expenses. The co-worker and I hope we are compatible to live with each other, so it should be an interesting summer. The new house is not far from where A. and kitty are living, so we can visit often!

NOW what can I get up to...I finished my book I was reading...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page